9 years ago
New to motogp.com?Register here
The single cylinder class race stats ahead of Saturday´s A-Style TT Assen 125cc action.
- Simone Corsi starts from pole for only the third time in his Grand Prix career. His other poles were at Portugal earlier this year and at Donington six days ago.
- Bradley Smith starts from the front row for the first time since the visit to Le Mans earlier this season.
- Joan Olive will be starting from the front row for only the second time in his Grand Prix career; the other occasion was when he qualified fourth at the Malaysian GP in 2006.
- Mike di Meglio will be aiming to be the first rider in the 125cc class this year to finish on the podium at three successive races. Di Meglio´s best result at Assen from his previous five visits was twelfth in 2004.
- Sandro Cortese´s fifth place on the grid equals his best qualifying performance of the year, which he previously achieved at Le Mans.
- If either Scott Redding or Bradley Smith wins the race it will be the first time that Britain have had back-to-back victories in the 125cc class since Barry Sheene won in Sweden and Finland in 1971.
- Both Marc Marquez and Scott Redding have the opportunity to become the youngest ever rider to have back-to-back podium finishes in Grand Prix racing.
- Pablo Nieto is making his 150th appearance in the 125cc class. Only two riders have made more GP starts on a 125cc machine – Noboru Ueda with 160 starts and Angel Nieto with 156.
9 years ago