With the MotoGP World Championship season passing its equator, the racing numbers for Sachsenring provide some interesting figures for the season past and the history of the German race.
- The number of points covering the top three riders in the MotoGP championship table following the A-Style TT Assen. This compares to 66 points covering the same three riders at the top of the table at the equivalent stage in 2007.
- Dani Pedrosa has been the first Honda rider across the line in each of the last ten MotoGP races.
- Michelin riders have won all ten premier class races since the return to the Sachsenring in 1998.
- On six occasions in the first nine races of the year there have been three different manufacturers represented on the podium in the MotoGP class - including each of the last four races.
- The Sachsenring is one of just five circuits on this year´s calendar where Ducati have not yet had a MotoGP win. The others are Estoril, Mugello, Le Mans and Indianapolis (which is being used for the first time this year).
- Three riders have scored points in all nine MotoGP races held so far this year: Valentino Rossi, Dani Pedrosa and Shinya Nakano.