Brno extends MotoGP contract until 2013
It is a two-year extension deal on a contract which already covered the period up to 2011, meaning that MotoGP visits to Brno are assured for at least the next five years.
The Brno date is highly popular with the riders and supporters alike, and this year in August the Czech event was attended by massive crowds of nearly 240,000 over the course of the weekend.
The first ever Grand Prix held at Brno was in 1965 on the original 13.94 km long road circuit, with the current circuit introduced in 1987 and used every year since then with the exception of 1992.
In 2009 the Grand Prix Ceske Republiky will be held at the historic Brno track from 14th to 16th August and the event will be the 22nd time that the current circuit has hosted a Grand Prix.
- Friday, 14 March 2014
- A family affair in the premier class
- Wednesday, 12 March 2014
- Bridgestone expecting rapid Qatar race pace
- Monday, 10 March 2014
- Espargaro undergoes successful collarbone surgery
- Ducati Team 2014 project presented at Munich’s Audi Forum
- Marquez: "Defending the title is a new challenge for me"
- Barbera and Di Meglio taking practical approach
- Important test for Petrucci ahead of round one
- Laverty: ‘We can be stronger this season’
- Iannone and Hernandez reflect on testing progress
- Abraham optimistic after improvements at Qatar
- New DRIVE M7 Aspar Team line up complete winter testing
- Saturday, 15 March 2014
- Mapfre Aspar team unveils its line-up
- Wednesday, 5 March 2014
- Mariñelarena out of induced coma
- Caterham welcome AirAsia onboard for Moto2™ debut season
- Tuesday, 11 March 2014
- Fenati a tenth ahead on opening day at Jerez
- Thursday, 6 March 2014
- Racing Team Germany aiming high
- Thursday, 27 February 2014
- Sky Racing Team by VR46 presentation takes place in Milan
- Thursday, 20 February 2014
- More rapid pace for record-beating Miller
- Wednesday, 19 February 2014
- Miller blisteringly fast as Hanika impresses
- Monday, 17 February 2014
- Alex Rins undergoes surgery on right wrist
- Thursday, 13 February 2014
- Miller on top as Antonelli crashes in Spain