Details of the changes to the Road Racing World Championship Grand Prix Regulations for the 2009 season as announced by the FIM on Wednesday.
The Grand Prix Commission, composed of Messrs. Carmelo Ezpeleta (Dorna, Chairman), Claude Danis (FIM), Hervé Poncharal (IRTA) and Takanao Tsubouchi (MSMA), in the presence of Messrs Vito Ippolito (FIM President), Ignacio Verneda (FIM Sport Director), Javier Alonso (Dorna) and M. Paul Butler (Secretary of the meeting), in a meeting held on 18th February 2009 at the FIM Headquarters in Mies, Switzerland, unanimously decided to introduce the following amendments to the Road Racing World Championship Grand Prix Regulations – with immediate application.
1. Standard time schedule
13:05-13:45 125cc Free Practice 1
14:05-14:50 MotoGP Free Practice 1
15:05-15:50 250cc Free Practice 1
09:05-09:45 125cc Free Practice 2
10:05-10:50 MotoGP Free Practice 2
11:05-11:50 250cc Free Practice 2
13:05-13:45 125cc Qualifying Practice
14:05-14:50 MotoGP Qualifying Practice
15:05-15:50 250cc Qualifying Practice
08:40-09:00 125cc Warm Up
09:10-09:30 250cc Warm Up
09:40-10:00 MotoGP Warm Up
11:00 125cc Race
12:15 250cc Race
14:00 MotoGP Race
2. From Czech GP, maximum 5 engines can be used in 8 races. No changing of parts will be permitted except daily maintenance.
3. Ceramic composite materials are not permitted for brakes disc or pads.
4. Launch control system is not permitted.
5. Electronic controlled suspension is not permitted.
6. Only 2 post race tests at Catalunya and Czech GP for development purposes using test riders only are permitted.