New to here

Tickets purchase
VideoPass purchase

Pedrosa leaves hospital following operation

Pedrosa leaves hospital following operation

The Repsol Honda rider left the Clínica Dexeus in Barcelona this morning (Monday October 4th) following his successful collarbone operation on Saturday.

Dani Pedrosa was discharged from the USP Dexeus in Barcelona this morning at 10am, two days after he had a successful operation to insert a titanium plate in his left collarbone which he fractured in a crash during the opening practice session of the Grand Prix of Japan last Friday.

Head of the Hand Surgery Unit, Dr. Xavier Mir, was happy with the start of Pedrosa's recovery and deemed the 25 year-old Spaniard ready to leave the hospital. On Sunday Pedrosa began passive monitoring of his left shoulder and will today commence an 'active-passive' rehabilitation under the supervision of his physiotherapist. On Wednesday he will return to the clinic to visit Dr. Mir for necessary follow-up treatment and to assess the progress of the injury following the operation.

Dr. Mir said: “48 hours after operating on Dani Pedrosa’s fractured left collarbone, which we fixed using a titanium plate, the post-operation process is correct and yesterday he started to make small passive movements of his shoulder and elbow."

"We have discharged him and today he will start active-passive rehabilitation with his trusted physiotherapist. We will meet again next Wednesday to treat him again and check how the injury is evolving.”

Pedrosa was admitted to the A&E department of the USP Dexeus in Barcelona at 10am on Saturday morning as soon as he landed from Japan, and at lunchtime underwent surgery on the fragmented fracture of his left collarbone in which he received a fixation with a titanium plate with eight holes, made especially for the collarbone, and a fixation of the intermediate fragments with two compression screws.

MotoGP, 2010, GRAND PRIX OF JAPAN, Dani Pedrosa, Repsol Honda Team

Other updates you may be interested in ›