Pedrosa continues pace in Sepang
Repsol Honda’s Pedrosa led the third and final practice before the afternoon qualifying a half second off his untouchable time set on Friday, though the Spaniard was still a comfortable 0.265s clear of Marco Simoncelli (San Carlo Honda Gresini Team) who was runner-up in the session with a time of 2'02.034.
Andrea Dovizioso (Repsol Honda) ranked third in the field for as many times this weekend, 0.047s adrift of Simoncelli. Newly crowned World Champion team mate Casey Stoner cruised to fourth position with a time of 2'02.169 to complete a top four Honda sweep.
Ducati Team’s Nicky Hayden made big strides to improve after ranking 11th of the day on Friday lapping over a second quicker to land fifth with a time of 2'02.249 on Saturday morning. Álvaro Bautista (Rizla Suzuki) followed by 0.094s in sixth, with Colin Edwards (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) landing seventh ahead of Valentino Rossi (Ducati Team), the Italian eight tenths behind the leading session time set by Pedrosa.
Hiroshi Aoyama (San Carlo Honda Gresini) was ninth followed by Pramac Racing’s Loris Capirossi who rounded out the top ten times. Katsuyuki Nakasuga, who replaces Yamaha Factory Racing’s injured Jorge Lorenzo, made progress after crashing twice on Friday to post a time of 2'04.629 ending the session 17th.
A recovering Ben Spies (Yamaha Factory Racing) crashed in turn one with 13 minutes remaining, the Texan was back on his feet immediately though opted not to rejoin the session.
John Hopkins, who participated in both practice sessions yesterday, was entered as a wild card for the Rizla Suzuki team for the second time this season, but the finger he broke during his appearance at the Czech Republic in August has re-broken, forcing the Anglo-American to withdraw from participation this weekend.
- Friday, 14 March 2014
- A family affair in the premier class
- Wednesday, 12 March 2014
- Bridgestone expecting rapid Qatar race pace
- Monday, 10 March 2014
- Espargaro undergoes successful collarbone surgery
- Ducati Team 2014 project presented at Munich’s Audi Forum
- Marquez: "Defending the title is a new challenge for me"
- Barbera and Di Meglio taking practical approach
- Important test for Petrucci ahead of round one
- Laverty: ‘We can be stronger this season’
- Iannone and Hernandez reflect on testing progress
- Abraham optimistic after improvements at Qatar
- New DRIVE M7 Aspar Team line up complete winter testing
- Saturday, 15 March 2014
- Mapfre Aspar team unveils its line-up
- Wednesday, 5 March 2014
- Mariñelarena out of induced coma
- Caterham welcome AirAsia onboard for Moto2™ debut season
- Tuesday, 11 March 2014
- Fenati a tenth ahead on opening day at Jerez
- Thursday, 6 March 2014
- Racing Team Germany aiming high
- Thursday, 27 February 2014
- Sky Racing Team by VR46 presentation takes place in Milan
- Thursday, 20 February 2014
- More rapid pace for record-beating Miller
- Wednesday, 19 February 2014
- Miller blisteringly fast as Hanika impresses
- Monday, 17 February 2014
- Alex Rins undergoes surgery on right wrist
- Thursday, 13 February 2014
- Miller on top as Antonelli crashes in Spain