Pedrosa dominates Brno day one
The 25 year old Repsol Honda rider set off into the second practice session at a blazing pace after crushing the field in the first outing of the day, though was unable to better his time of 1'56.328 that he achieved in the earlier session.
The rest of the field responded, with team mate Casey Stoner (Repsol Honda) moving into second in the later half of the session with a time of 1'56.831, an improvement of 0.436s over his FP1 time and the only other rider to break the 1’57” barrier.
Marco Simoncelli (San Carlo Honda Gresini Team) was unshaken by a crash at the end of FP1 and improved his time by three tenths with a lap of 1'57.136, keeping him third fastest of the day, while reigning MotoGP Champion Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha Factory Racing) improved his time by four tenths with a time set on lap 15 of 1'57.174 to place him in fourth.
Andrea Dovizioso was again fifth quickest in FP2 and remained fifth fastest of the day with a best time of 1'57.535, ahead of Ben Spies (Yamaha Factory Racing) in sixth position by 0.096s.
Valentino Rossi (Ducati Team), who placed fifth last year at Brno, improved on his FP1 time by over a second, moving him into seventh, while team mate Nicky Hayden was down in 14th. Álvaro Bautista rode his Rizla Suzuki into eighth fastest of the day, ahead of Yamaha Tech 3’s Cal Crutchlow and wild card John Hopkins aboard the Rizla Suzuki.
MotoGP rookie Karel Abraham (Cardion ab Motoracing) was down in 17th at his home race, while Randy de Puniet (Pramac Racing), who is already riding with injuries from a crash at Laguna Seca, had a fall in the last minutes of the session.
- Friday, 14 March 2014
- A family affair in the premier class
- Wednesday, 12 March 2014
- Bridgestone expecting rapid Qatar race pace
- Monday, 10 March 2014
- Espargaro undergoes successful collarbone surgery
- Ducati Team 2014 project presented at Munich’s Audi Forum
- Marquez: "Defending the title is a new challenge for me"
- Barbera and Di Meglio taking practical approach
- Important test for Petrucci ahead of round one
- Laverty: ‘We can be stronger this season’
- Iannone and Hernandez reflect on testing progress
- Abraham optimistic after improvements at Qatar
- New DRIVE M7 Aspar Team line up complete winter testing
- Saturday, 15 March 2014
- Mapfre Aspar team unveils its line-up
- Wednesday, 5 March 2014
- Mariñelarena out of induced coma
- Caterham welcome AirAsia onboard for Moto2™ debut season
- Tuesday, 11 March 2014
- Fenati a tenth ahead on opening day at Jerez
- Thursday, 6 March 2014
- Racing Team Germany aiming high
- Thursday, 27 February 2014
- Sky Racing Team by VR46 presentation takes place in Milan
- Thursday, 20 February 2014
- More rapid pace for record-beating Miller
- Wednesday, 19 February 2014
- Miller blisteringly fast as Hanika impresses
- Monday, 17 February 2014
- Alex Rins undergoes surgery on right wrist
- Thursday, 13 February 2014
- Miller on top as Antonelli crashes in Spain