Ducati seeks dry pace improvement at the Sachsenring
Weather permitting, tomorrow will see the Ducati Team continuing its work on the dry setup with which Nicky Hayden and Valentino Rossi finished seventh and eleventh, respectively, in this morning’s session. As is typically the case on damp surfaces, both riders were very fast in the second free practice, regularly running near the top of the time chart. In the end, the Italian was fifth quickest, one position ahead of his American teammate.
"Overall, it was a decent day. My outright lap time wasn’t great, but my consistency was pretty good and we were able to make little gains on most of our exits. This morning we did all the sessions with a hard rear tyre, so I was looking forward to trying the soft in the afternoon. Because of the rain, we didn’t get to do that, but hopefully we’ll get a chance tomorrow to see if it helps close the gap a bit. In the rain, it was kind of hard to get the feeling at first. The track felt very slippery and it was a bit windy, but as the laps went by I was able to improve my rhythm. I didn’t have great feedback from the rear on corner entry, but we have a couple of ideas that might help if it rains again."
"We still have some things to resolve for our dry setup, but we’re fast in the wet: fifth, but three tenths from the top. We know that we’re competitive in those conditions. This morning I tried doing some consecutive laps with the hard tyre to try to understand which tyre to use on Sunday. It will be a difficult choice because the soft is a bit faster in the beginning, but then it becomes difficult to manage, while the hard is a bit slower but is more consistent. As far as the setup is concerned, we must improve mainly in the second and third sectors, so we hope the weather will be more stable tomorrow."
Press release courtesy of Ducati Team.
- Friday, 14 March 2014
- A family affair in the premier class
- Wednesday, 12 March 2014
- Bridgestone expecting rapid Qatar race pace
- Monday, 10 March 2014
- Espargaro undergoes successful collarbone surgery
- Ducati Team 2014 project presented at Munich’s Audi Forum
- Marquez: "Defending the title is a new challenge for me"
- Barbera and Di Meglio taking practical approach
- Important test for Petrucci ahead of round one
- Laverty: ‘We can be stronger this season’
- Iannone and Hernandez reflect on testing progress
- Abraham optimistic after improvements at Qatar
- New DRIVE M7 Aspar Team line up complete winter testing
- Saturday, 15 March 2014
- Mapfre Aspar team unveils its line-up
- Wednesday, 5 March 2014
- Mariñelarena out of induced coma
- Caterham welcome AirAsia onboard for Moto2™ debut season
- Tuesday, 11 March 2014
- Fenati a tenth ahead on opening day at Jerez
- Thursday, 6 March 2014
- Racing Team Germany aiming high
- Thursday, 27 February 2014
- Sky Racing Team by VR46 presentation takes place in Milan
- Thursday, 20 February 2014
- More rapid pace for record-beating Miller
- Wednesday, 19 February 2014
- Miller blisteringly fast as Hanika impresses
- Monday, 17 February 2014
- Alex Rins undergoes surgery on right wrist
- Thursday, 13 February 2014
- Miller on top as Antonelli crashes in Spain