Tenth place for Barberá at Silverstone
The Spanish rider didn’t get a great start, dropping back to 8th place, and he managed to remain in this position for more then 13 laps, but toward the end he was joined and overtaken by factory Ducati rider Valentino Rossi, and ultimately took the chequered flag in 10th position.
The overall standings, with six rounds having been completed, have Barberá and the Pramac team in the top ten, taking home six important points for the World ranking.
"It was a difficult race, affected by a quick rear tyre deterioration, which restricted both corner entry and top speed. Now we have to understand what happened on our bike to avoid this kind of issue in the future."
Francesco Guidotti – Team Manager
"We expected a tough race, but the result is definitely not up to our potential. The quick rear tyre deterioration limited our performance and now we need to analyse our data to comprehend what happened today."
Press release courtesy of the Pramac Racing Team.
- Friday, 14 March 2014
- A family affair in the premier class
- Wednesday, 12 March 2014
- Bridgestone expecting rapid Qatar race pace
- Monday, 10 March 2014
- Espargaro undergoes successful collarbone surgery
- Ducati Team 2014 project presented at Munich’s Audi Forum
- Marquez: "Defending the title is a new challenge for me"
- Barbera and Di Meglio taking practical approach
- Important test for Petrucci ahead of round one
- Laverty: ‘We can be stronger this season’
- Iannone and Hernandez reflect on testing progress
- Abraham optimistic after improvements at Qatar
- New DRIVE M7 Aspar Team line up complete winter testing
- Saturday, 15 March 2014
- Mapfre Aspar team unveils its line-up
- Wednesday, 5 March 2014
- Mariñelarena out of induced coma
- Caterham welcome AirAsia onboard for Moto2™ debut season
- Tuesday, 11 March 2014
- Fenati a tenth ahead on opening day at Jerez
- Thursday, 6 March 2014
- Racing Team Germany aiming high
- Thursday, 27 February 2014
- Sky Racing Team by VR46 presentation takes place in Milan
- Thursday, 20 February 2014
- More rapid pace for record-beating Miller
- Wednesday, 19 February 2014
- Miller blisteringly fast as Hanika impresses
- Monday, 17 February 2014
- Alex Rins undergoes surgery on right wrist
- Thursday, 13 February 2014
- Miller on top as Antonelli crashes in Spain