Pedrosa leads rain-hit second free practice in Germany
A torrential downpour just before the session was about to start, saw riders head out gingerly ten minutes into the practice on full wet tyres to test the German circuit. A few minutes later the majority of riders had headed out onto the track to dial in their wet weather race set-up. Yet it was a frantic final few minutes as some spots of sun had created numerous dry patches, and riders were swapping places at the front frequently.
In the end it was Pedrosa, fastest also in the dry morning practice, who just narrowly denied LCR Honda MotoGP’s Bradl a top finish at his home round by a mere seven hundredths of a second. Nonetheless, the German rookie will take heart from the fact that he ousted Yamaha Factory Racing’s Jorge Lorenzo into third, and Pedrosa’s teammate Stoner into fourth.
Making full use of the wet conditions was Ducati Team’s Valentino Rossi, who was just over three tenths off the top. He finished ahead of his teammate Nicky Hayden, who looked equally at ease on the soaking German track. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 duo of Cal Crutchlow and Andrea Dovizioso did not finish quite as well as in the morning, coming in seventh and eighth respectively.
Lorenzo’s teammate ended a subdued day down in ninth, just ahead of Pramac Racing Team’s Héctor Barberá. Top CRT went to British rider James Ellison, on board his Paul Bird Motorsport ART machine. Fortunately no riders crashed in the session, however Avintia Blusens’ Iván Silva had a few big wobbles aboard his BQR-FTR machine in the latter stages.
- Friday, 14 March 2014
- A family affair in the premier class
- Wednesday, 12 March 2014
- Bridgestone expecting rapid Qatar race pace
- Monday, 10 March 2014
- Espargaro undergoes successful collarbone surgery
- Ducati Team 2014 project presented at Munich’s Audi Forum
- Marquez: "Defending the title is a new challenge for me"
- Barbera and Di Meglio taking practical approach
- Important test for Petrucci ahead of round one
- Laverty: ‘We can be stronger this season’
- Iannone and Hernandez reflect on testing progress
- Abraham optimistic after improvements at Qatar
- New DRIVE M7 Aspar Team line up complete winter testing
- Saturday, 15 March 2014
- Mapfre Aspar team unveils its line-up
- Wednesday, 5 March 2014
- Mariñelarena out of induced coma
- Caterham welcome AirAsia onboard for Moto2™ debut season
- Tuesday, 11 March 2014
- Fenati a tenth ahead on opening day at Jerez
- Thursday, 6 March 2014
- Racing Team Germany aiming high
- Thursday, 27 February 2014
- Sky Racing Team by VR46 presentation takes place in Milan
- Thursday, 20 February 2014
- More rapid pace for record-beating Miller
- Wednesday, 19 February 2014
- Miller blisteringly fast as Hanika impresses
- Monday, 17 February 2014
- Alex Rins undergoes surgery on right wrist
- Thursday, 13 February 2014
- Miller on top as Antonelli crashes in Spain