Iannone quickest at Aragón in wet first morning sessionMoto2™ is powered by
Iannone’s 2:07.981 time on his last lap of the practice was over four tenths better than the fastest lap of his nearest rival Rea, the British Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 team rider. Interwetten Paddock’s Swiss rider Thomas Lüthi was third quickest with a time 0.77s down on Iannone’s.
In a session which started on a wet-dry track but soon got far wetter as rain fell heavily during the 45 minute outing there were 33 Moto2™ riders who took part. The conditions were possibly easier to judge on wet tyres than the mixed damp conditions which saw only nine MotoGP™ feature in the previous session.
Pons 40 HP Tuenti’s Pol Espargaró briefly flashed up at the top of the timing board, but his lap was nullified for taking a shortcut. That eventually left him down in 17th place, whilst Alex de Angelis (NGM Mobile Forward Racing) and Johann Zarco (JiR Moto2) were fourth and fifth respectively.
Julián Simón (Blusens Avintia), Marc Márquez Team (CatalunyaCaixa Repsol), Xavier Siméon (Tech 3 Racing), Anthony West (QMMF Racing Team) and Claudio Corti (Italtrans Racing Team) completed the top ten.
- Friday, 14 March 2014
- A family affair in the premier class
- Wednesday, 12 March 2014
- Bridgestone expecting rapid Qatar race pace
- Monday, 10 March 2014
- Espargaro undergoes successful collarbone surgery
- Ducati Team 2014 project presented at Munich’s Audi Forum
- Marquez: "Defending the title is a new challenge for me"
- Barbera and Di Meglio taking practical approach
- Important test for Petrucci ahead of round one
- Laverty: ‘We can be stronger this season’
- Iannone and Hernandez reflect on testing progress
- Abraham optimistic after improvements at Qatar
- New DRIVE M7 Aspar Team line up complete winter testing
- Saturday, 15 March 2014
- Mapfre Aspar team unveils its line-up
- Wednesday, 5 March 2014
- Mariñelarena out of induced coma
- Caterham welcome AirAsia onboard for Moto2™ debut season
- Tuesday, 11 March 2014
- Fenati a tenth ahead on opening day at Jerez
- Thursday, 6 March 2014
- Racing Team Germany aiming high
- Thursday, 27 February 2014
- Sky Racing Team by VR46 presentation takes place in Milan
- Thursday, 20 February 2014
- More rapid pace for record-beating Miller
- Wednesday, 19 February 2014
- Miller blisteringly fast as Hanika impresses
- Monday, 17 February 2014
- Alex Rins undergoes surgery on right wrist
- Thursday, 13 February 2014
- Miller on top as Antonelli crashes in Spain