Bautista still suffering with broken fingers
Although the Spaniard ended the evening in sixth place, he continued to feel the effects of an accident which left him out of the final day of pre-season testing.
“Unfortunately I wasn't in the best shape tonight because, as the laps went by, there was more and more pressure on the fingers I broke at Jerez,” explained the GO&FUN Honda Gresini rider.
“As usual here in Qatar, the track conditions were not ideal on the first night and the first few laps in particular were a struggle, but overall it hasn't been a bad start for us.
“Hopefully the track will improve tomorrow and the changes we have planned for the bike help us make that step forward in quality that will get us closer to the front and help us to improve on last year's performance here.”
Further down the field, Bautista’s new teammate continued to adapt to the team’s CRT bike, as Australian Bryan Staring finished in 22nd position overall.
- Wednesday, 12 March 2014
- Bridgestone expecting rapid Qatar race pace
- Monday, 10 March 2014
- Espargaro undergoes successful collarbone surgery
- Ducati Team 2014 project presented at Munich’s Audi Forum
- Marquez: "Defending the title is a new challenge for me"
- Barbera and Di Meglio taking practical approach
- Important test for Petrucci ahead of round one
- Laverty: ‘We can be stronger this season’
- Iannone and Hernandez reflect on testing progress
- Abraham optimistic after improvements at Qatar
- New DRIVE M7 Aspar Team line up complete winter testing
- Wednesday, 5 March 2014
- Mariñelarena out of induced coma
- Caterham welcome AirAsia onboard for Moto2™ debut season
- Friday, 28 February 2014
- Mariñelarena suffers injury during a private test
- Tuesday, 11 March 2014
- Fenati a tenth ahead on opening day at Jerez
- Thursday, 6 March 2014
- Racing Team Germany aiming high
- Thursday, 27 February 2014
- Sky Racing Team by VR46 presentation takes place in Milan
- Thursday, 20 February 2014
- More rapid pace for record-beating Miller
- Wednesday, 19 February 2014
- Miller blisteringly fast as Hanika impresses
- Monday, 17 February 2014
- Alex Rins undergoes surgery on right wrist
- Thursday, 13 February 2014
- Miller on top as Antonelli crashes in Spain