CEV Repsol entertains crowds at Albacete
In Moto3, after a hectic scramble for positions in the early laps, the leading group settled down and remained together almost to the end. Jorge Navarro (SPA-MIR Racing) set the pace in front until, on the final lap, Adrian Martín (SPA-Kalex-KTM) sneaked past to win; Martín, after failing to garner any points in the last two races, earned his second win of the season. The following three riders - Schouten (NED-FTR), Migno (ITA-FTR) and Gardner (AUS-KTM) – fought a grueling battle throughout but it was Alexander Medina (SPA-KTM) who caught the eye, snatching an impressive third place on the podium after clawing his way up the field from a fourth row start. The award ‘One year’s free fuel’ went to race winner Adrian Martín.
In Moto2, victory was determined in the early laps, with Román Ramos (SPA-Ariane) pushing on to build up an insuperable advantage. Behind him came Hafizh Syahrin (MAL-Kalex) who, with nearly seven seconds over his pursuer took things easy and earned his second podium of the season. Meanwhile, Kyle Smith - current runner-up in Stock Extreme - displayed his skills in Moto2 and moved into third place with a few laps remaining. Jorge Arroyo (SPA-Yamaha) was first past the flag in the Spanish Superstock 600 Cup.
The Stock Extreme riders had extra work, with two races scheduled. During the opening moments of the first race and thanks to a good start, Carmelo Morales (SPA-Kawasaki) took the lead from pole position rider Xavi Forés (SPA-Ducati), with clear contact between the two riders as he overtook. However, the duel was short-lived, with the Valencian rider imposing an unbeatable pace all the way to the chequered flag, followed by Morales with Iván Silva (SPA-BMW Motorrad) taking up the last podium slot. First place in the Spanish Cup for privateers went to Raúl Garcia (SPA-Kawasaki). Little changed in the second Stock Extreme race, although this time it was Xavi Forés who pulled away unstoppably from the following group. Morales settled for second, and Silva once again accompanying them on the bottom rung of the podium. Pushing himself right to the limit, Francis Alviz just managed to snatch victory in the Spanish Stock Extreme Cup.
The next round of the CEV Repsol will take place at Navarra on 21st and 22nd September, where the fifth round of the championship will be held.
- Friday, 14 March 2014
- A family affair in the premier class
- Wednesday, 12 March 2014
- Bridgestone expecting rapid Qatar race pace
- Monday, 10 March 2014
- Espargaro undergoes successful collarbone surgery
- Ducati Team 2014 project presented at Munich’s Audi Forum
- Marquez: "Defending the title is a new challenge for me"
- Barbera and Di Meglio taking practical approach
- Important test for Petrucci ahead of round one
- Laverty: ‘We can be stronger this season’
- Iannone and Hernandez reflect on testing progress
- Abraham optimistic after improvements at Qatar
- New DRIVE M7 Aspar Team line up complete winter testing
- Saturday, 15 March 2014
- Mapfre Aspar team unveils its line-up
- Wednesday, 5 March 2014
- Mariñelarena out of induced coma
- Caterham welcome AirAsia onboard for Moto2™ debut season
- Tuesday, 11 March 2014
- Fenati a tenth ahead on opening day at Jerez
- Thursday, 6 March 2014
- Racing Team Germany aiming high
- Thursday, 27 February 2014
- Sky Racing Team by VR46 presentation takes place in Milan
- Thursday, 20 February 2014
- More rapid pace for record-beating Miller
- Wednesday, 19 February 2014
- Miller blisteringly fast as Hanika impresses
- Monday, 17 February 2014
- Alex Rins undergoes surgery on right wrist
- Thursday, 13 February 2014
- Miller on top as Antonelli crashes in Spain