Edwards thrilled to lead CRTs in USA
It started with an impressive performance in Q1 at Indianapolis, as Edwards – who, at 39 years of age is the eldest rider in the MotoGP™ field – topped the timesheets.
"We did all we could do today," he said. "We pulled the bike off the trailer yesterday and it felt good, then made some improvements in the last free practice which seemed to help us quite a bit.
"We hadn’t really used the soft tyre and it was like, ‘Wow! We’ve got a lot of grip!’ It worked out in my favour and thanks to my team – the guys are awesome. We are first CRT today; now we have to back that up tomorrow and do it again.
"Here at Indianapolis with the home crowd, to be the best CRT – or be the best anything – is good!"
Edwards’ Italian teammate Claudio Corti will start the race from 16th position.
- Friday, 14 March 2014
- A family affair in the premier class
- Wednesday, 12 March 2014
- Bridgestone expecting rapid Qatar race pace
- Monday, 10 March 2014
- Espargaro undergoes successful collarbone surgery
- Ducati Team 2014 project presented at Munich’s Audi Forum
- Marquez: "Defending the title is a new challenge for me"
- Barbera and Di Meglio taking practical approach
- Important test for Petrucci ahead of round one
- Laverty: ‘We can be stronger this season’
- Iannone and Hernandez reflect on testing progress
- Abraham optimistic after improvements at Qatar
- New DRIVE M7 Aspar Team line up complete winter testing
- Saturday, 15 March 2014
- Mapfre Aspar team unveils its line-up
- Wednesday, 5 March 2014
- Mariñelarena out of induced coma
- Caterham welcome AirAsia onboard for Moto2™ debut season
- Tuesday, 11 March 2014
- Fenati a tenth ahead on opening day at Jerez
- Thursday, 6 March 2014
- Racing Team Germany aiming high
- Thursday, 27 February 2014
- Sky Racing Team by VR46 presentation takes place in Milan
- Thursday, 20 February 2014
- More rapid pace for record-beating Miller
- Wednesday, 19 February 2014
- Miller blisteringly fast as Hanika impresses
- Monday, 17 February 2014
- Alex Rins undergoes surgery on right wrist
- Thursday, 13 February 2014
- Miller on top as Antonelli crashes in Spain