Motorcycle News: ‘Spies ruled out for rest of 2013’
Ben Spies will not be returning to MotoGP™ during the 2013 season, according to a report by Motorcycle News. So far in his maiden campaign with Ignite Pramac Racing, the Texan has taken part in only the first two races.
Spies’ latest injury is a dislocated shoulder, sustained in practice for what was set to be his comeback race at Indianapolis in mid-August.
"It seems that he is not coming for the rest of this season and we are now looking for a replacement," Francesco Guidotti, Team Manager at Pramac Racing, is quoted as saying by Motorcycle News. "It seems Ben will not be ready. We are looking for someone for the rest of the season but not for next year. Our priority is to wait for Ben. When I speak with him or text him, his frustration over the situation is clear and he wants to come back."
Guidotti denies that Ducati will be terminating Spies’ contract: "We plan to race two bikes and I don’t think Ducati wants to break the contract with Ben. We are looking at a scenario in case he doesn't come back, but we have to do that. But we have not contacted any rider and we are waiting for Ben."
- Friday, 14 March 2014
- A family affair in the premier class
- Wednesday, 12 March 2014
- Bridgestone expecting rapid Qatar race pace
- Monday, 10 March 2014
- Espargaro undergoes successful collarbone surgery
- Ducati Team 2014 project presented at Munich’s Audi Forum
- Marquez: "Defending the title is a new challenge for me"
- Barbera and Di Meglio taking practical approach
- Important test for Petrucci ahead of round one
- Laverty: ‘We can be stronger this season’
- Iannone and Hernandez reflect on testing progress
- Abraham optimistic after improvements at Qatar
- New DRIVE M7 Aspar Team line up complete winter testing
- Wednesday, 5 March 2014
- Mariñelarena out of induced coma
- Caterham welcome AirAsia onboard for Moto2™ debut season
- Friday, 28 February 2014
- Mariñelarena suffers injury during a private test
- Tuesday, 11 March 2014
- Fenati a tenth ahead on opening day at Jerez
- Thursday, 6 March 2014
- Racing Team Germany aiming high
- Thursday, 27 February 2014
- Sky Racing Team by VR46 presentation takes place in Milan
- Thursday, 20 February 2014
- More rapid pace for record-beating Miller
- Wednesday, 19 February 2014
- Miller blisteringly fast as Hanika impresses
- Monday, 17 February 2014
- Alex Rins undergoes surgery on right wrist
- Thursday, 13 February 2014
- Miller on top as Antonelli crashes in Spain