Salom only thinking about the title
After a pre-race crash, which itself had followed a previous incident for Salom at Indianapolis, the Red Bull KTM Ajo rider starting tenth on the grid at Misano. He would fight back to fourth, but his championship lead decreased to 19 points over Viñales (Team Calvo, second on Sunday) and 21 to Rins (Estrella Galicia 0,0, the winner).
"I don’t think it was a bad weekend," Salom told motogp.com. "Not the best we have had this year, but fourth position was the best we could have had. I had some problems in the race, particularly at the end with some mistakes I made; I was running alone, but after making the mistakes the group behind caught me. I started to think about finishing in the best possible position, which was fourth, and that is where I finished. We will now continuing working in the same way, going race by race."
He admits that he is yet to return to peak physical condition.
"My foot was a bit bigger after the crash!" Salom began to sum up. "I think the pain was the same, but I need to be happy I don’t have anything worse; for sure, it won’t be 100% over the last five races, but I just hope it gets better race by race."
With a quintet of Grands Prix remaining in 2013, the battle will continue in Salom’s home nation with the Grand Prix of Aragon in two weekends’ time.
- Friday, 14 March 2014
- A family affair in the premier class
- Wednesday, 12 March 2014
- Bridgestone expecting rapid Qatar race pace
- Monday, 10 March 2014
- Espargaro undergoes successful collarbone surgery
- Ducati Team 2014 project presented at Munich’s Audi Forum
- Marquez: "Defending the title is a new challenge for me"
- Barbera and Di Meglio taking practical approach
- Important test for Petrucci ahead of round one
- Laverty: ‘We can be stronger this season’
- Iannone and Hernandez reflect on testing progress
- Abraham optimistic after improvements at Qatar
- New DRIVE M7 Aspar Team line up complete winter testing
- Wednesday, 5 March 2014
- Mariñelarena out of induced coma
- Caterham welcome AirAsia onboard for Moto2™ debut season
- Friday, 28 February 2014
- Mariñelarena suffers injury during a private test
- Tuesday, 11 March 2014
- Fenati a tenth ahead on opening day at Jerez
- Thursday, 6 March 2014
- Racing Team Germany aiming high
- Thursday, 27 February 2014
- Sky Racing Team by VR46 presentation takes place in Milan
- Thursday, 20 February 2014
- More rapid pace for record-beating Miller
- Wednesday, 19 February 2014
- Miller blisteringly fast as Hanika impresses
- Monday, 17 February 2014
- Alex Rins undergoes surgery on right wrist
- Thursday, 13 February 2014
- Miller on top as Antonelli crashes in Spain