Marquez fastest as Pedrosa misses Warm-Up
Marc Marquez, pole-sitter for the eni Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland, has topped the Warm-Up session ahead of Sunday’s race. On the other side of the Repsol Honda Team garage, it is yet to be confirmed as to whether Dani Pedrosa will race, having missed the morning session due to feeling unwell.
With World Champion Jorge Lorenzo already out of action after further damaging his left collarbone on Friday, championship leader Pedrosa suffered a small fracture to his own left collarbone as he experienced a large highside crash on Saturday morning.
Following a Sunday morning medical check-up, Pedrosa has been officially declared ‘fit’ to race, but complained of dizziness and therefore did not take part in the Warm-Up. If he is ultimately able to race, he will start from 12th position on the grid.
In the Warm-Up itself, Marquez topped the timesheets with 1’21.895, whereas there was another crash when Nicky Hayden lost control of his Ducati Team bike at Turn 3. The 30-lap race at the Sachsenring will start at 2pm local time (GMT +2).
- Friday, 14 March 2014
- A family affair in the premier class
- Wednesday, 12 March 2014
- Bridgestone expecting rapid Qatar race pace
- Monday, 10 March 2014
- Espargaro undergoes successful collarbone surgery
- Ducati Team 2014 project presented at Munich’s Audi Forum
- Marquez: "Defending the title is a new challenge for me"
- Barbera and Di Meglio taking practical approach
- Important test for Petrucci ahead of round one
- Laverty: ‘We can be stronger this season’
- Iannone and Hernandez reflect on testing progress
- Abraham optimistic after improvements at Qatar
- New DRIVE M7 Aspar Team line up complete winter testing
- Saturday, 15 March 2014
- Mapfre Aspar team unveils its line-up
- Wednesday, 5 March 2014
- Mariñelarena out of induced coma
- Caterham welcome AirAsia onboard for Moto2™ debut season
- Tuesday, 11 March 2014
- Fenati a tenth ahead on opening day at Jerez
- Thursday, 6 March 2014
- Racing Team Germany aiming high
- Thursday, 27 February 2014
- Sky Racing Team by VR46 presentation takes place in Milan
- Thursday, 20 February 2014
- More rapid pace for record-beating Miller
- Wednesday, 19 February 2014
- Miller blisteringly fast as Hanika impresses
- Monday, 17 February 2014
- Alex Rins undergoes surgery on right wrist
- Thursday, 13 February 2014
- Miller on top as Antonelli crashes in Spain