The battles rages on into Malaysia…Moto2™ is powered by
With only 20 points separating the two, and Espargaro getting the better of the Brit last time out in Aragón, Redding will be hoping to strike back at Sepang as he once again attempts to strengthen his grip on the overall lead.
The pair will face stiff competition, however, as the rest of the grid is getting stronger race by race, with Aspar Team Moto2’s Nico Terol a prime example by taking a dominant win last time out. Espargaro’s teammate Tito Rabat is also still in with a good shout at the title and will no doubt be another big podium favourite.
Alex Mariñelarena will again substitute for Dani Rivas at Blusens Avintia, with the latter still suspended for the crash he caused in Silverstone Warm-up. There will also be two wildcards on the grid in the form of Malaysia’s Hafizh Syahrin, who only narrowly missed out on a podium last year with the Petronas Raceline Malaysia team, as well as Thai rider Decha Kraisart with the Singha Eneos Yamaha Tech3 outfit.
Remaining on the sidelines is Randy Krummenacher, who was injured in an accident at the British round of the championship. Unlike in Aragón when Robin Mulhauser served as a substitute, on this occasion Technomag carXpert will be running a sole machine for Dominique Aegerter.
- Friday, 14 March 2014
- A family affair in the premier class
- Wednesday, 12 March 2014
- Bridgestone expecting rapid Qatar race pace
- Monday, 10 March 2014
- Espargaro undergoes successful collarbone surgery
- Ducati Team 2014 project presented at Munich’s Audi Forum
- Marquez: "Defending the title is a new challenge for me"
- Barbera and Di Meglio taking practical approach
- Important test for Petrucci ahead of round one
- Laverty: ‘We can be stronger this season’
- Iannone and Hernandez reflect on testing progress
- Abraham optimistic after improvements at Qatar
- New DRIVE M7 Aspar Team line up complete winter testing
- Saturday, 15 March 2014
- Mapfre Aspar team unveils its line-up
- Wednesday, 5 March 2014
- Mariñelarena out of induced coma
- Caterham welcome AirAsia onboard for Moto2™ debut season
- Tuesday, 11 March 2014
- Fenati a tenth ahead on opening day at Jerez
- Thursday, 6 March 2014
- Racing Team Germany aiming high
- Thursday, 27 February 2014
- Sky Racing Team by VR46 presentation takes place in Milan
- Thursday, 20 February 2014
- More rapid pace for record-beating Miller
- Wednesday, 19 February 2014
- Miller blisteringly fast as Hanika impresses
- Monday, 17 February 2014
- Alex Rins undergoes surgery on right wrist
- Thursday, 13 February 2014
- Miller on top as Antonelli crashes in Spain