New to motogp.com?Register here
With two races remaining in the 2014 Moto3™ World Championship the leader of the smaller Grand Prix class Alex Marquez has a 20 point advantage at the head of the standings over second placed Jack Miller.
Marquez’s Estrella Galicia 0,0 teammate Alex Rins is 41 points behind him in third place and therefore still has a mathematical chance of winning the title. Red Bull KTM Ajo’s Miller revived his title fight with a home win in Australia and he will give his all to try and turn around the 20 point deficit over the last two rounds.
For Marquez though, this weekend’s Shell Advance Malaysian Motorcycle Grand Prix provides him with his first chance to win the 2014 Moto3™ title.
The following scenarios would make Marquez the 2014 Moto3 World Champion:
- Marquez wins the race and Miller does not finish second
- Marquez is second and Miller does not finish on the podium
- Marquez is third and Miller finishes sixth or lower
- Marquez is fourth and Miller finishes ninth or lower
- Marquez is fifth and Miller finishes 11th or lower
- Marquez is sixth and Miller finishes 12th or lower
- Marquez is seventh and Miller finishes 13th or lower and Rins does not win the race
- Marquez is eighth and Miller finishes 14th or lower and Rins does not win the race
- Marquez is ninth and Miller finishes 15th or lower and Rins does not win the race
- Marquez is 11th and Miller does not score any points and Rins does not win the race
3 years ago
3 years ago