All the stats and figures you need to prepare for the Moto3™ race at Gran Premio Motul de la República Argentina.
The 21-Lap race begins at 13:00 Local Time at the Termas de Rio Hondo Circuit.
- Brad Binder is the first ever South African rider to qualify on pole position in the lightweight-class of grand prix racing. The last rider from South Africa to start a grand prix from pole was Mario Rademeyer for the 250cc South African Grand Prix at Kyalami in 1984.
- Binder will be aiming to be the first ever South African to win a grand prix in the lightweight-class and the first South African to win a GP in any class since Jon Ekerold won the 350cc race at Monza in 1981.
- Romano Fenati, who won in Argentina two years ago, starts from the front row for just the sixth time in his grand prix career, but for the third successive race.
- This is the first time since the Valencia GP in 2014 that KTM have taken the top two slots on the grid for a Moto3™ race.
- In third place on the grid is the highest placed Honda rider Jorge Navarro, who crashed out of the race in Argentina last year.
- In fourth and fifth place on the grid are Nicolo Bulega and Joan Mir, both who are making just their third grand prix start.