Head into the Gran Premio Motul de la República Argentina with all the numbers you need to sound like an expert.
The 23-lap race begins at 14:20 Local Time at the Termas de Rio Hondo Circuit.
- Sam Lowes, who finished third last year in Argentina, starts from pole for the fourth time in his Moto2™ career and his first since the British GP last year
- In second place on the grid is Johann Zarco, who won the Moto2™ race in Argentina last year to take the lead in the championship which he held onto until the end of the season.
- Jonas Folger starts from the final place on the front row of the grid. Last year Folger set a new Moto2™ lap record in Argentina after running off the track on the first lap and re-joining at the rear of the field and then fighting his way through to finish ninth.
- Takaaki Nakagami heads the second row of the grid – his best qualifying result since the opening race of the year in 2014 in Qatar.
- Franco Morbidelli starts the race from the middle of the second row; he finished fifth in Argentina last year after qualifying down in 22nd place on the grid.
- In sixth place on the grid is Tom Luthi, who is aiming to take back-to-back victories for the first time in his grand prix career.