Only two riders on the current grid have taken to the podium in Jerez and only one has won before.
Everything you need to know to sound like a Moto3™ genius at the Spanish GP.
- Romano Fenati has won the Moto3™ race at Jerez twice, in 2012 and 2014 – on both occasions after qualifying in 10th place on the grid.
- Championship leader Brad Binder finished third at Jerez last year, behind two rider who have since moved up to compete in the Moto2™ class – Danny Kent and Miguel Oliveira.
- Other than Fenati and Binder, no other riders currently competing in the Moto3™ class has finished on the podium in a grand prix race at the Jerez circuit.
- Jorge Navarro who has finished on the podium six times in the last eight races after not had a top three finish in his previous twenty four grand prix starts.
- Niccolo Antonelli finished eighth at Jerez in 2012 but has failed to finish for each of the last three years at the Spanish Grand Prix; he crashed out in both 2013 & 2014, and last year he retired from the race with technical problems.
- Last year at Jerez, Fabio Quartararo became the second youngest rider ever (after Marco Melandri) to start a grand prix from pole position. He finished the race in fourth position. Quartararo has finished 13th at each of the opening three races of 2016.
- Only five riders in the Moto3™ class have scored points in all three of the races that have taken place so far in 2016: Brad Binder, Jorge Navarro, Philipp Oettl, Jakub Kornfeil and Fabio Quartararo.