1 year ago
New to motogp.com?Register here
- Joan Mir (Leopard Racing) finished fifth in the Moto3™ race in Argentina in 2016 in what was only his third GP start — the highest placed rider in that race who is still competing in the Moto3™ class.
- Mir won his second Moto3™ race in Qatar — the 35th Spanish victory in 89 Moto3 races so far — and is aiming to become the first Spanish rider to win back-to-back Moto3™ race since Álex Rins in 2014.
- No rider has taken back-to-back wins in the Moto3™ class since Brad Binder at Misano last year.
- Romano Fenati (Marinelli Rivacold Snipers), Livio Loi (Leopard Racing), Philipp Öttl (Südmetall Schedl GP Racing) and John McPhee (British Talent Team) are the only riders of the current field who have stood on the podium at least once in the Americas.
- Romano Fenati is only rider of the current grid who has won in Argentina (2014). Last year, he finished 20th in wet conditions, from second on the grid. In 2015, he was demoted to the back of the grid, but eventually crossed the line in eighth place.
- John McPhee finished second in Qatar — his third podium finish in 82 GP starts. He finished seventh in Argentina last year from 28th on the grid, his best result at that track.
- Jorge Martín (Del Conca Gresini Moto3) crossed the line in third in Qatar; his second GP podium finish – his other was 2nd at Brno last year.
- KTM is the only manufacturer that has started from pole position in Argentina since its introduction on the calendar in 2014. The Austrian factory have won only once - with Fenati in 2014 - after Honda won the last two years.
1 year ago
2 years ago