New to motogp.com?Register here
Jorge Martin (Del Conca Gresini Moto3) was quickest in Warm Up at the Valencia GP, stamping some early authority on Sunday as he prepares to start from pole. New Champion Joan Mir (Leopard Racing) was second, ahead of Fabio Di Giannantonio (Del Conca Gresini Moto3).
For full results, click here!
#ValenciaGP: Moto3™ Warm Up
- Jorge Martín (Del Conca Gresini Moto3) is on pole for the ninth time this season, which is the highest number of poles achieved in a single season in Moto3™. It is also the highest by a rider in the lightweight-class since Marc Marquez was on pole twelve times in 2010 in the 125cc class. Martin will be aiming to take his first Moto3™ race win in what will be his 50th Grand Prix start.
- In second place on the grid is Joan Mir (Leopard Racing), who is aiming to win his eleventh race of 2017 to equal the record for most wins in a single season in the lightweight class of Grand Prix racing, which was set by Valentino Rossi in 1997.
- The 125cc win by Dani Pedrosa in 2002 is the only win in the lightweight-class in Valencia by Honda.
- The highest placed KTM rider on the grid is Gabriel Rodrigo (RBA BOE Racing Team), who starts from the front row for the fifth time in 2017. He is still looking to finish on the podium for the first time.
- Heading the second row is Tatsuki Suzuki (SIC58 Squadra Corse), which is his best qualifying result in what is his 54th start in the Moto3™ class.
- In fifth place on the grid is Enea Bastianini (Estrella Galicia 0,0), who has finished on the podium three times in the last six races and was fourth last year in Valencia finishing just 0.147 seconds behind race winner Brad Binder.
- Heading the third row is Ayumu Sasaki (SIC Racing Team), which is the best qualifying result of his rookie year. Sasaki is the leading rider in the battle for the Moto3™ Rookie of the Year title with a nine-point advantage over Marco Bezzecchi (CIP).
4 weeks ago
1 month ago