Head into the Commercial bank Grand Prix of Qatar with all the numbers you need to sound like an expert.
The 18 lap race at the Losail International Circuit begins at 19:20 Local Time.
- Romano Fenati starts from pole for just the second time in his grand prix career; his other pole was at Motegi last year when he crashed on the third lap, re-started and finished 28th. Fenati finished second at Losail when making his grand prix debut in 2012 – his only top ten finish in Qatar.
- Livio Loi has qualified on the front row for the first time in his grand prix career. This is the best qualifying result by a Belgium rider in the lightweight class of grand prix racing since Lucio Pietroniro started the 125cc Belgium GP in 1985 from second place on the grid.
- Fabio Quartararo starts from third place on the grid – his first front row start since the German GP last year.
- Heading the second row of the grid is Jorge Navarro who finished on the podium four times in the last five races of 2015.
- Aron Canet starts from fifth place – the best grid position by a rider making his debut in the lightweight-class of grand prix racing since Scott Redding qualified fourth fastest in Qatar in 2008.
- After being demoted three places for irresponsible riding during practice, Brad Binder starts from sixth place on the grid.