All of the information you need to know about the Moto3™ race at the Monster Energy Grand Prix de France.
The Monster Energy Grand Prix de France starts at 11:00 Local Time and will last 24-laps.
- Niccolo Antonelli starts from pole for the fourth time in his GP career and for the first time since Malaysia last year. Since winning the opening Grand Prix of the year, Antonelli has only had one point scoring finish – tenth in Argentina.
- This is the first pole in Moto3™ for Honda since John McPhee started from pole at the final race of last year in Valencia.
- The last rider to win a Moto3™race from pole was Enea Bastianini at Misano last year and none of the Moto3™ races this year have been won by a rider starting on the front row.
- In second place on the grid is championship leader Brad Binder – just the third time in his GP career that he has started on the front row.
- In third place on the grid and on the front row for the first time, is Aron Canet making just his fifth Grand Prix start.
- Jorge Navarro, who heads the second row of the grid, has finished on the podium six times in the last nine races, but is still looking to stand on the top step for the first time.
- Romano Fenati has qualified in fifth place on the grid, the same starting position as last year at Le Mans when he went on to win the race.
- Karel Hanika was the 26th fastest rider in qualifying with a time just 1.051 seconds behind the pole position rider Antonelli.