New to motogp.com?Register here
- Andrea Dovizioso, who is making his 150th start in the MotoGP™ class, has qualified on pole for the first time since the opening race of 2015 in Qatar. This is also the first pole for Ducati since Andrea Iannone was the fastest qualifier at Mugello last year.
- Valentino Rossi is in second place on the grid – his fifth front row start of 2016. Rossi has won the Dutch TT twice in the last three years.
- This is the first time since the final race of 2014 at Valencia that Italian riders have taken the top two places on the MotoGP™ grid.
- Scott Redding has qualified on the front row for the first time since he moved up to the MotoGP™ class in 2014. This is the first front row start of 2016 by an Independent Team rider.
- The last MotoGP™ front row without a Spanish rider was at Mugello in 2011.
- Marc Marquez heads the second row of the grid – just the second time this year he has failed to get on the front row. Marquez has finished either first or second in each of his three starts in the MotoGP™ class at the Dutch TT.
- Cal Crutchlow is in fifth place on the grid, equalling his best qualifying result so far in 2016 which he had in Austin.
- Yonny Hernandez starts from the final place on the second row – his first top ten qualifying result of 2016.
- In seventh place on the grid is Pol Espargaro, who won the Moto2™ race at the Dutch TT in 2013.
- In the middle of the third row is Aleix Espargaro who is the top Suzuki rider on the grid for the first time this year.
- Danilo Petrucci starts from ninth place on the grid for the third successive race.
- Jorge Lorenzo has qualified down in 10th place on the grid, which is his worst qualifying result since he was the 12th fastest qualifier at the Dutch TT in 2013, the year that he crashed on the first day of practice and broke his collarbone.
- Dani Pedrosa is in the final place on the fifth row – his worst starting position since he was 16th place on the grid at the Grand Prix of Turkey in 2006,in just his third appearance in the MotoGP™ class.
5 years ago
5 years ago