New to motogp.com?Register here
- Enea Bastianini is on pole for the first time in 2016 and on the front row for just the second time this year. He is the last rider to win a Moto3™ race from pole, at Misano last year. Last time out at Catalunya Bastianini finished thirrd – his first podium since he won that race at Misano last year.
- Andrea Migno is in second place on the grid, equalling his best ever qualifying result, which he had two races ago at Mugello.
- Starting from third place on the grid is Nicolo Bulega – his second front row start in his rookie grand prix season.
- Heading the second row of the grid is Romano Fenati, which is his best qualifying position in his five years racing at the Dutch TT.
- For the first time since the Catalan Grand Prix in 1999 Italian riders have taken the top four places on the grid for a lightweight-class grand prix; on that occasion the riders were – Roberto Locatelli, Lucio Cecchinello, Simone Sanna and Marco Melandri.
- Championship leader Brad Binder starts from fifth place on the grid. Binder is the only rider across all three classes that has finished on the podium at all seven races so far in 2016.
- Starting from the final place on the second row is Juanfran Guevara – his best qualifying result of 2016.
- Heading the third row of the grid is Bo Bendsneyder in just his eighth GP start. This is the best qualifying result by a home rider at the Dutch TT in any of the three classes since Jasper Iwema was sixth fastest qualifier for the 125cc race at Assen in 2010.
3 years ago
Well I think this sums up my race... Was fighting for 1st before I made a mistake and went farming... Sorry to my team @redbull_ktm_ajo... Luckily still finished in 12th positions and got some points.