New to motogp.com?Register here
- The last two Moto3™ races have both been won by first time winners. The last time that first time winners took three successive wins in the lightweight-class was in 2007, by Simone Corsi, Lukas Pesek and Sergio Gadea.
- Enea Bastianini is the first rider to get back-to-back poles in the Moto3™ class since he was on pole in San Marino and Aragon last year.
- Bastianini is the last rider to win a Moto3™ race from pole, at Misano last year.
- Andrea Locatelli starts from second place on the grid, which is his best ever qualifying result and only the second time he has been on the front row.
- Aron Canet is in third place on the grid – his second front row start of his rookie season in grand prix racing.
- Bo Bendsneyder heads the second row of the grid – the best qualifying result by a Dutch rider in any class since Jurgen van den Goorbergh was in fourth place on the grid for the MotoGP™ race at Phillip Island in 2002. The last Dutch rider to qualify in the top four in the light-weight class of GP racing was Loek Bodelier at Eastern Creek in 1993 when he qualified in third place on the grid.
- In fifth place on the grid is Jorge Navarro on his return to racing after missing the Dutch TT.
- John McPhee starts from eighth place on the grid, which is the best qualifying result so far for Peugeot in their first year in grand prix racing.