5 years ago
New to motogp.com?Register here
- Brad Binder, who finished third last year in Brno, starts from pole for the third time this year. He has not managed to win from his two previous pole position starts in 2016 in Argentina and Catalunya.
- Andrea Migno has qualified in second place on the grid for the third time in 2016.
- Enea Bastianini, who has finished second for the last two years at the Czech GP, was third fastest in qualifying. This is his fifth front row start of the year. Having not finished in the top three at the opening six races of the year, Bastianini has had three podium finishes in the last four races.
- Fastest to head the second row was Jorge Martin, which equaled his best ever qualifying result from Aragon last year.
- Fabio di Giannantonio qualified fifth place on the grid, his best qualifying result so far in his rookie season in the Moto3™ class.
- Last year’s Moto3™ winner at Brno, Niccolo Antonelli, qualified in seventh place on the grid. He is the only current Moto3™ rider to have had a GP victory at Brno.
- Jakub Kornfeil is the best placed Czech rider, who was tenth quickest after he qualified three places ahead of wild-card rider Karel Hanika. These two will be aiming to become the first Czech rider to finish on the podium at Brno since Lukas Pesek in 2007.
5 years ago