New to motogp.com?Register here
- Arriving at the final race of the year, Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Ajo) has a lead of 130 points in the Championship classification and has two records in sight. One is the highest winning margin in the lightweight-class of grand prix racing, which is currently the 111-point margin that Sandro Cortese topped the Moto3™ Championship table with in 2012. The other target is the record for the greatest Championship winning margin in any class of grand prix racing, set by Valentino Rossi (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP) in 2005 when he won the world title with a 147-point margin over Marco Melandri.
- None of the riders currently competing full-time in the Moto3™ class have won a grand prix race at the Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo.
- All four Moto3™ races that have taken place at Valencia have been won by KTM riders: 2012 – Danny Kent, 2013 - Maverick Viñales, 2014 – Jack Miller and 2015 – Miguel Oliveira.
-T he three riders in contention for the Rookie of the Year award in Moto3™ are separated by just six points: Nicolo Bulega (Sky Racing Team VR46), Joan Mir (Leopard Racing) and Fabio Di Giannantonio (Gresini Racing Moto3). None of these three riders managed to pick up any points in Australia and only Di Giannantonio managed to score in Malaysi - a single point for finishing 15th.
- Jorge Navarro (Estrella Galicia 0,0) finished second last year in Valencia, his equal best grand prix result of 2015.
- Jakub Kornfeil’s (Drive M7 SIC Racing Team) second place in Malaysia was his first podium finish since he was third last year in Valencia.
- Bo Bendsneyder (Red Bull KTM Ajo) is first Dutch rider to have more than a single podium in a single season in any class of GP racing since Wilco Zeelenberg, in 1991 in the 250cc class. The last Dutch rider to have more than a single podium in one season in the lightweight-class of GP racing was Hans Spaan in 1990.
4 years ago