New to motogp.com?Register here
- Mattia Pasini’s (Italtrans Racing Team) first Moto2™ win at Mugello was the first time he has stood on the top step of the podium since winning the 250cc race at Mugello in 2009. Between these two race wins he had started 97 races in the intermediate class without taking a win.
- Pasini's first win in Moto2™ at the Italian GP came 9 years 87 days after winning his first intermediate class grand prix race in Qatar in 2008. He moves above Tetsuya Harada into third place on the list of riders with the longest winning careers in the intermediate-class: Anthony West (11 years), Anton Mang (9 years 234 days), Mattia Pasini (9 years 87 days), Tetsuya Harada (8 years 193 days).
- Pasini is the second Italian rider to win in Mugello in Moto2™, with Andrea Iannone, and the sixth Italian rider to win a Moto2™ race.
- Pasini is only the seventh rider to win in both the 250cc class and Moto2™ class, along with Toni Elias, Mika Kallio, Alex de Angelis, Roberto Rolfo, Yuki Takahashi and Anthony West. Pasini is the only rider still competing in Moto2™ who has won a 250cc GP race.
- Pasini's best result in the Moto2™ class in Barcelona is a sixth place back in 2014. He won the 125cc race at this circuit in 2005 and was fourth in the 250cc race in 2009.
- Tom Lüthi (CarXpert Interwetten) was second across the line in Mugello, his 42nd podium finish in the intermediate category.
- Álex Márquez (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) completed the top three in Mugello, his third podium finish in Moto2™ - equaling Sandro Cortese (Dynavolt Intact GP) and Lorenzo Baldassarri (Forward Racing Team) on the current grid. He crossed the line in eleventh from twelfth on the grid in Barcelona 2015. Last year at this circuit he finished 18th after crashing and re-starting.
- Along with Mattia Pasini (125cc - 2005) and Álex Márquez (Moto3™ - 2014), Jorge Navarro (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) is one of three riders currently racing in Moto2™ who has won in the lightweight-class at this circuit.
- Luca Marini (Forward Racing Team) was sixth in Mugello and he is now ninth in the Championship - already having scored more points than last season.
- Francesco Bagnaia (Sky Racing Team VR46) crashed on the last lap in Mugello and was not able to score points across the line. Tom Lüthi and Dominique Aegerter (Kiefer Racing) are now the only riders who have scored points in every race so far.
- Takaaki Nakagami (Idemitsu Honda Team Asia) and Tom Lüthi are the only riders on the current grid to have stood on the podium in Moto2™ in Barcelona.
- This is the first time since 2014 that the top two riders in the Championship have scored more than 100 points after the six opening race of the season.
- The seven Moto2™ races that have taken place at the Catalunya circuit have been won by six different riders, and none who are currently competing in the class: Yuki Takahashi, Stefan Bradl, Andrea Iannone, Pol Espargaro, Tito Rabat, and Johann Zarco. The only rider among these who has more than a single Moto2™ victory at this circuit is Johann Zarco, who won in the last two years.
1 year ago
2 years ago