New to motogp.com?Register here
Different day, different conditions, similar story – but no less spectacular. Franco Morbidelli and Alex Marquez (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) led Moto2™ FP3 at Assen, with the Italian well ahead for much of the latter stages until the Spaniard struck back to end the session within a tenth. The two men were over half a second clear of the next man on the road, Mattia Pasini (Italtrans Racing Team).
Yonny Hernandez (AGR Team) put in a chevere showing to end the session in fourth after proving an early pacesetter, with ‘Pescao’ Hafizh Syahrin (Petronas Raceline Malaysia) locking out the top five.
There were a number of crashes including an incident that saw Augusto Fernandez (Speed Up Racing) crash ahead of Isaac Viñales (BE-A-VIP SAG Team), and tumbles for a few more riders including Iker Lecuona (Garage Plus Interwetten), Tetsuta Nagashima (Teluru SAG Team).
The top ten:
1. Franco Morbidelli (EG 0,0 Marc VDS)
2. Alex Marquez (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) +0.115
3. Mattia Pasini (Italtrans Racing Team) +0.779
4. Yonny Hernandez (AGR Team) +0.856
5. Hafizh Syahrin (Petronas Raceline Malaysia) +1.135
6. Lorenzo Baldassarri (Forward Racing Team) +1.201
7. Marcel Schrötter (Dynavolt Intact GP) +1.392
8. Sandro Cortese (Dynavolt Intact GP) +1.782
9. Simone Corsi (Speed Up Racing) +1.788
10. Tom Lüthi (CarXpert Interwetten) +1.796
For full results, click here! Qualifying for Moto2™ begins at 15:05 (GMT +2).
2 years ago
2 years ago