New to motogp.com?Register here
- Johann Zarco (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) starts from pole for the first time in just his eighth race in his rookie MotoGP™ season. This is the first pole by a French rider in the MotoGP™ class since Olivier Jacque was on pole in Germany in 2002, and the first MotoGP™ pole by a Tech 3 rider since Cal Crutchlow was on pole at Brno in 2013.
- In second place on the grid is Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) – his first front row start since the Spanish Grand Prix. Marquez has finished either first or second at the Dutch TT for the last four years.
- Danilo Petrucci (Octo Pramac Racing) is in third place on the grid, which is his second successive front row start having not been on the front row in his previous 88 MotoGP appearances.
- Heading the second row is Valentino Rossi (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP), who will be aiming to get back on the podium for the first time since he finished second in Austin.
- Scott Redding (Octo Pramac Racing) starts from fifth place on the grid – his best qualifying result since he was in third place on the grid last year at the Dutch TT, which was also the last time he was on the podium, in third place.
- Jonas Folger (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) is in the final place on the second row – his best qualifying result so far in his rookie season in the MotoGP™ class.
- Alvaro Bautista (Pull&Bear Aspar Team) is in seventh place on the grid – his best qualifying result since he was seventh fastest qualifier at Le Mans in 2014, which was also the last time he finished on the podium, in third place.
- Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda) starts from eighth place on the grid, his best qualifying result since the French GP.
- The winner of the last two races, Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team), has qualified in the final place on the third row. He is aiming to become the first Italian rider to win three or more successive MotoGP™ races since Valentino Rossi in 2008.
- Sam Lowes (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) heads the fourth row of the grid – his best qualifying result so far in his rookie season in the MotoGP™ class.
- Championship leader Maverick Viñales (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP) is in eleventh place on the grid – his worst qualifying since the Australian GP last year.
- Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team) starts from 21st place on the grid – his worst qualifying result since he was in 22nd place on the grid for the 125cc race at Jerez in 2003.
3 years ago
3 years ago
3 years ago