New to motogp.com?Register here
- Mattia Pasini (Italtrans Racing Team) qualified on pole position for the third successive time. He is the first rider to achieve that feat in the Moto2™ class since Johann Zarco back in 2015 and the first Italian rider to do so since Andrea Iannone back in 2010.
- Alex Márquez (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) will start from second on the grid, which his is ninth front row start of the season and his 11th since he joined the Moto2™ in 2015, equaling 2010 Champion Toni Elias.
- Franco Morbidelli (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) is in third place on the grid, which is his eleventh front row start from the first 12 races. He is the first rider to achieve that feat since the introduction of the Moto2™ class in 2010.
- Takaaki Nakagami (Idemitsu Honda Team Asia) will head the second row, his best qualifying result since he qualified in second in Assen this year.
- In ninth place on the grid and second in the championship is Tom Lüthi (CarXpert Interwetten), winner of last year's race at Silverstone. It's his worst qualifying result since he was 11th in Brno this year - where he managed to win his first race of the season!
- Stefano Manzi (Sky Racing Team VR46) qualified in 13th on the grid, the best qualifying result of his Grand Prix career so far.
6 months ago
7 months ago