New to motogp.com?Register here
A new mix of riders in the top three from Moto2™ Warm Up at the British GP, with Takaaki Nakagami (IDEMITSU Honda Team Asia) enjoying the sunshine at the top of the time sheet, ahead of Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM Ajo), and current Championship leader Franco Morbidelli (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) bringing up third.
- Mattia Pasini qualified on pole position for the third successive time. He is the first rider to achieve that feat in the Moto2™ class since Johann Zarco back in 2015 and the first Italian rider to do so since Andrea Iannone back in 2010.
- Alex Márquez will start from second on the grid, which his is ninth front row start of the season and his 11th since he joined the Moto2™ in 2015, equaling Toni Elias.
- Franco Morbidelli is in third place on the grid, which is his eleventh front row start from the first 12 races. He is the first rider to achieve that feat since the introduction of the Moto2™ class in 2010.
- Takaaki Nakagami will head the second row, his best qualifying result since he qualified in second in Assen this year.
- In ninth place on the grid and second of the championship is Tom Lüthi, winner of last year's race at Silverstone. It's his worst qualifying result since he was 11th in Brno this year, but managed to win his first race of the season.
- Stefano Manzi qualified in 13th on the grid, his best qualifying result of his Grand Prix career so far.
#BritishGP: MotoGP™ Warm Up
5 years ago
5 years ago