New to motogp.com?Register here
- Mattia Pasini (Italtrans Racing Team) starts from pole position for the fourth successive time. He is the first rider to achieve that feat in the Moto2™ class since Tito Rabat back in 2014, and the first Italian rider to do so.
- Franco Morbidelli (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) will be second on the grid, which is his twelfth front row start from the first 13 races. He is the first rider to achieve that feat since the introduction of the Moto2™ class in 2010.
- Dominique Aegerter (Kiefer Racing) has qualified on third on the grid, his best qualifying result since Jerez earlier this year when he was also in this place on the grid.
- Heading the second row is Lorenzo Baldassarri (Forward Racing Team), who won his only Grand Prix race so far at Misano last year. This is his best qualifying since he was third earlier this year in Barcelona.
- Takaaki Nakagami (Idemitsu Honda Team Asia), who has been on the podium three times at Misano (2013, 2015, 2016), will start from fifth. He will be aiming to become the first Japanese rider to win back-to-back races since the introduction of the Moto2™ class in 2010 and the first Japanese rider to do so in the intermediate category since Daijiro Kato back in 2001.
- Francesco Bagnaia (Sky Racing Team VR46) will start from sixth place on the grid. He will be aiming to win his first Moto2™ race in his rookie year in the class.
2 years ago
2 years ago