New to motogp.com?Register here
Joan Mir (Leopard Racing) was quickest in Warm Up, ahead of the man he beat to pole, Jorge Martin (Del Conca Gresini Moto3). Marcos Ramirez (Platinum Bay Real Estate) was third quickest, half a second off Martin.
For full results, click here!
#MalaysianGP: Moto3™ Warm Up
- 2017 Moto3™ World Champion Joan Mir will start from pole position for the second time in his career so far. He will be aiming to win his tenth race of the season to equal Fausto Gresini (1987) and Marc Márquez (2010).
- Brad Binder at Phillip Island last year is the last rider who has won from pole position in Moto3™. The other time Mir started from pole position (Austria 2016), he went on to win the race.
- Jorge Martín has qualified in second place on the grid, which is his 11th front row start of his career, equalling Brad Binder and Luis Salom in Moto3™. He will be aiming to win his first race in what will be his 49th Grand Prix start.
- British Talent Team rider John McPhee has qualified in third, which is his seventh front row start in what it will be his 98th Grand Prix start. He missed the race at Sepang last year due to an injury sustained at Phillip Island.
- Heading the second row is Bo Bendsneyder (Red Bull KTM Ajo), his best qualifying result since he qualified in second at his home race at Assen earlier this year. He crossed the line in third in 2016 at Sepang, his second and his last podium so far.
- RBA BOE Racing Team's Gabriel Rodrigo has qualified in fifth on the gird. He finished seventh last year at Sepang, his best result across the line at that time.
2 weeks ago