New to motogp.com?Register here
Romano Fenati (Snipers Team) has ended the Moto3™️ Qatar Test at the top of the timesheets after going quickest on the final day, setting a best time of 2:05.285 to head teammate Tony Arbolino by 0.230.
Fenati, Arbolino and Toba discuss Day 2
All of the lightweight class riders, except the injured Gabriel Rodrigo (Kommerling Gresini Moto3), went quicker on the third and final day of testing at the Losail International Circuit. But it was the Snipers Team duo who locked out the top two positions at the end of play, just like they have done on the previous two days. Their closest challenger was Aron Canet (Sterilgarda Max Racing Team), 0.368 splitting him from Fenati in third.
Fourth fastest was Leopard Racing’s Lorenzo Dalla Porta, the only other rider within half a second of Fenati, with Niccolo Antonelli (SIC58 Squadra Corse) completing a top five covered by 0.507 seconds.
John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing) ends the test in sixth place with a best time of 2:05.899, the British rider sitting 0.131 ahead of seventh-placed Marcos Ramirez (Leopard Racing). Tatsuki Suzuki (SIC58 Squadra Corse) finishes eighth, just ahead of SKY Racing Team VR46 duo Dennis Foggia and Celestino Vietti - ninth and tenth on the times respectively for the Italians.
That’s it for Moto3™ preseason testing as all eyes now turn to FP1 on Friday in Qatar, you don't want to miss it!
Top 10 on Day 3:
1. Romano Fenati - (Snipers Team) 2:05.285
2. Tony Arbolino - (Snipers Team) +0.239
3. Aron Canet - (Sterilgarda Max Racing Team) +0.368
4. Lorenzo Dalla Porta - (Leopard Racing) +0.486
5. Niccolo Antonelli - (SIC58 Squadra Corse) +0.507
6. John McPhee - (Petronas Sprinta Racing) +0.614
7. Marcos Ramirez - (Leopard Racing) +0.745
8. Tatsuki Suzuki - (SIC58 Squadra Corse) +0.805
9. Dennis Foggia - (Sky Racing Team VR46) +0.914
10. Celestino Vietti - (Sky Racing Team VR46) +0.915
Click here for the full results!
2 months ago