New to motogp.com?Register here
Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) remains the man to beat ahead of the Gran Premio Motul de la República Argentina this afternoon, his 1:39.096 putting the pole man 0.126 ahead of second on the grid and second fastest in Warm Up Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP).
With the weather still a question mark for the race, every rider and team practised their bike swaps in case of a flag-to-flag race in Argentina. But for Warm Up it remained dry as Andrea Dovizioso (Mission Winnow Ducati) made it a top three on Sunday morning for the top three in qualifying – 0.242 splitting the trio. Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar), who starts from P16, was fourth fastest with Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) rounding out the top five – 0.520 back from P1.
So that’s it, it’s time to go racing in Argentina! Tune in for the MotoGP™ race at 15:00 local time (GMT-3) as Round 2 of the season begins.
1. Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) 1.39.096
2. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.126
3. Andrea Dovizioso (Mission Winnow Ducati) + 0.242
4. Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.392
5. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.520
6. Danilo Petrucci (Mission Winnow Ducati) + 0.550
7. Valentino Rossi (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.621
8. Jack Miller (Pramac Racing) + 0.735
9. Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM Tech 3) + 0.760
10. Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) + 0.776
Click here for the full results!
2 years ago
2 years ago