New to motogp.com?Register here
Estrella Galicia 0,0 teammates Alonso Lopez and Sergio Garcia have locked out the top two positions in Moto3™ FP1 at the Gran Premi Monster Energy de Catalunya, Lopez setting a 1:49.167 to finish just 0.017 ahead of rookie Garcia, the latter winning at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya in the FIM CEV Repsol Moto3™ Junior World Championship last season.
It wasn’t quite the Barcelona sun that welcomed the Moto3™ riders on track for the opening session of the weekend, but dry and cloudy conditions meant the lightweight class were able to hit the ground running at the Catalan GP. And it was Kömmerling Gresini Moto3’s Gabriel Rodrigo who challenged the two Spaniard’s at the front, the Argentinian’s best time placing him less than a tenth off P1.
Darryn Binder (CIP Green Power) put in a late lap to leap up to fourth, with Can Öncü (Red Bull KTM Ajo) rounding out the top five with a 1:49.465 with the top 14 separated by a second in FP1.
Dennis Foggia (SKY Racing Team VR46) and Kaito Toba (Honda Team Asia) crashed, riders ok.
Tune in for Moto3™ FP2 at 13:15 local time (GMT+2).
1. Alonso Lopez (Estrella Galicia 0,0) – 1:49.167
2. Sergio Garcia (Estrella Galicia 0,0) + 0.017
3. Gabriel Rodrigo (Kömmerling Gresini Moto3) + 0.047
4. Darryn Binder (CIP Green Power) + 0.210
5. Can Öncü (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.298
6. Albert Arenas (Sama Qatar Angel Nieto) + 0.475
7. Romano Fenati (VNE Snipers) + 0.525
8. Kazuki Masaki (BOE Skull Rider Mugen Race) + 0.581
9. Makar Yurchenko (BOE Skull Rider Mugen Race) + 0.642
10. John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 0.669
Click here for the full results!