New to motogp.com?Register here
Yamaha’s 100% record at the 2019 Motul TT Assen continued ahead of the race on Sunday morning as Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) set a 1:33.677 to sit 0.345 clear of second fastest Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team), with polesitter Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) completing the top three.
MotoGP™ Day 2 recap: Quartararo does it again
Beautiful blue skies greeted the premier class riders for morning Warm Up and it was Viñales who took control, the Spaniard was the only rider to dip below the 1:34 barrier as he looks supremely confident of challenging for the race win from P2 on the grid. Dovi jumped into P2 at the end of the session, the Italian has work to do from P11 though if he’s to challenge for the podium, with Quartararo’s P3 ending his run of 12 consecutive top two MotoGP™ session finishes.
FREE: The final 5 minutes of MotoGP™ qualifying in Assen
Championship leader Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) finished P4, the seven-time Champion lines up from somewhere other than P1, P2 or P3 for the first time this season in fourth, as Team Suzuki Ecstar’s Alex Rins claimed P5 in Warm Up. Rins will launch from his first front row of the season.
Coming up... Quartararo out for victory from pole...
We look set to be in for another Assen classic. Will Maverick be Top Gun on Sunday afternoon? He’ll face stiff competition from a flying Frenchman, as well as Marquez, Rins and more and you can watch it all unfold from 14:00 local time (GMT+2).
1. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) – 1:33.677
2. Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) + 0.345
3. Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.365
4. Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.550
5. Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.577
6. Pol Espargaro (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) + 0.655
7. Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) + 0.738
8. Danilo Petrucci (Ducati Team) + 0.740
9. Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.747
10. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.773
Click here for the full results!
3 min mash-up: Dutch TT post-Quali Press Conference