Polesitter Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) set the fastest time in Warm Up at the Motul Grand Prix of Japan, his 1:45.816 was the only sub-1:46 time in the 20-minute session. 0.220 back from the 2019 Champion was Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT), the Frenchman will launch from P3 on the grid, while Team Suzuki Ecstar’s Alex Rins went third fastest on Sunday morning.
Tyre choices are going to be vital for Sunday’s race, with a toasty Twin Ring Motegi circuit putting a cat amongst the pigeons after Friday and Saturday’s cool conditions. Fourth fastest in Warm Up was Franco Morbidelli, he will launch his Petronas Yamaha SRT machine from P2, with Maverick Viñales and Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP teammate Valentino Rossi finishing fifth and sixth to leave all four Yamahas inside the top six in Warm Up.
An intriguing MotoGP™ Motegi encounter awaits at 15:00 local time (GMT+9). Marquez vs Quartararo Round 3? Find out later on today!
1. Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) – 1:45.816
2. Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.220
3. Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.466
4. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.535
5. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.621
6. Valentino Rossi (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 0.695
7. Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) + 0.758
8. Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda Castrol) + 0.851
9. Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.913
10. Andrea Iannone (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) + 0.981
Click here for the full results!