Red Bull KTM Tech3’s Ayumu Sasaki led the way in Moto3™ Warm Up at the Gran Premio Motul de la Comunitat Valenciana, the Japanese rider set a 1:39.511 to beat Celestino Vietti (SKY Racing Team VR46) by 0.067 seconds. Deniz Öncü (Red Bull KTM Tech3) completed the top three ahead of the race, the Turkish rider was also less than a tenth back.
???? @AyumuSasaki1 grabs top spot late in warm-up!— MotoGP™???? (@MotoGP) November 15, 2020
The @Tech3Racing youngster pips @TonyArbolino and Celestino Vietti! ⏱️#ValenciaGP ???? pic.twitter.com/GCtWqukuBo
Championship leader Albert Arenas (Gaviota Aspar Team Moto3) has his first shot at the title today, and the Spaniard began his day by finishing P4 in Warm Up. European GP winner Raul Fernandez (Red Bull KTM Ajo) completed a top five that was covered by just 0.085 seconds – a sure sign the Moto3™ encounter is going to be another belter later on. Ai Ogura (Honda Team Asia) finished P18.
Tune in for the most important Moto3™ race of the season so far at 11:00 local time (GMT+1)!
1. Ayumu Sasaki (Red Bull KTM Tech3) – 1:39.511
2. Celestino Vietti (SKY Racing Team VR46) + 0.067
3. Deniz Öncü (Red Bull KTM Tech3) + 0.075
4. Albert Arenas (Gaviota Aspar Team Moto3) + 0.076
5. Raul Fernandez (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.085
6. Tony Arbolino (Rivacold Snipers Team) + 0.150
7. Gabriel Rodrigo (Kömmerling Gresini Moto3) + 0.163
8. Ryusei Yamanaka (Estrella Galicia 0,0) + 0.236
9. Sergio Garcia (Estrella Galicia 0,0) + 0.244
10. John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 0.270
5 years ago
New to motogp.com?Register here