Polesitter and World Championship leader Jaume Masia (Red Bull KTM Ajo) continued his fine form at the Tissot Grand Prix of Doha by topping Moto3™ Warm Up with a 2:06.482. Andrea Migno (Rivacold Snipers Team) was 0.025s behind in P2 with Gabriel Rodrigo (Indonesian Racing Gresini Moto3) completing the top three.
Fourth fastest Izan Guevara (GASGAS Gaviota Aspar) suffered a big crash early in the session at Turn 5 and headed to the medical centre for a check-up, fingers crossed the rapid rookie is fine to race a bit later on. Darryn Binder (Petronas Sprinta Racing) made up the top five, 0.250s from Masia.
Izan Guevara is in the #DohaGP medical centre. He is OK but currently undergoing some medical checks.@IzanGuevara28 está en el centro médico del circuito de Losail. Está bien, pero van a hacerle pruebas. pic.twitter.com/ORzva9hHVH— Aspar Team MotoGP (@AsparTeam) April 4, 2021
Tune in for the lightweight class race at 17:00 local time (GMT+3).
1. Jaume Masia (Red Bull KTM Ajo) – 2:06.482
2. Andrea Migno (Rivacold Snipers Team) + 0.025
3. Gabriel Rodrigo (Indonesian Racing Gresini Moto3) + 0.179
4. Izan Guevara (GASGAS Gaviota Aspar) + 0.229
5. Darryn Binder (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 0.250
6. Sergio Garcia (GASGAS Gaviota Aspar) + 0.374
7. Tatsuki Suzuki (SIC58 Squadra Corse) + 0.491
8. Ayumu Sasaki (Red Bull KTM Tech3) + 0.527
9. Niccolo Antonelli (Avintia Esponsorama Moto3) + 0.604
10. John McPhee (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 0.721