7 months ago
Second on the grid and 2020 race winner Remy Gardner (Red Bull KTM Ajo) went nearly half a second quicker than he did in qualifying to set the pace in Moto2™ Warm Up at the Grande Prémio 888 de Portugal, the Australian’s 1:42.447 was enough to beat teammate Raul Fernandez by 0.132s. World Championship leader and polesitter Sam Lowes (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) was third, 0.309s off Gardner’s time.
A 1-2 in #Moto3 and now a 1-2 in #Moto2 ????— MotoGP™???? (@MotoGP) April 18, 2021
Dream start to Sunday for @RedBull_KTM_Ajo riders! ????#PortugueseGP ???????? pic.twitter.com/N1LH9Tef0z
Aron Canet (Solunion Aspar Team) and Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46) were the riders to complete the top five during a sunny 20-minute Warm Up session in Portimao, ahead of an enticing third battle of the season.
Will it be another Lowes vs Gardner scrap for victory? Find out at 14:30 local time (GMT+1).
1. Remy Gardner (Red Bull KTM Ajo) – 1:42.447
2. Raul Fernandez (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.132
3. Sam Lowes (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) + 0.309
4. Aron Canet (Solunion Aspar Team) + 0.511
5. Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46) + 0.559
6. Augusto Fernandez (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) + 0.592
7. Marcel Schrötter (Liqui Moly Intact GP) + 0.798
8. Joe Roberts (Italtrans Racing Team) + 0.817
9. Somkiat Chantra (Idemitsu Honda Team Asia) + 0.892
10. Xavi Vierge (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 0.936
7 months ago
11 months ago
New to motogp.com?Register here