New to motogp.com?Register here
Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) is the man to beat heading into FP2 at the Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas after setting a 2:15.872 in the damp FP1 conditions to finish fastest. The six-time Circuit of the Americas winner beat second place Jack Miller (Ducati Lenovo Team) by 0.167s, Johann Zarco (Pramac Racing) rounded out the top three.
Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) and Pol Espargaro (Repsol Honda Team) were the only other two riders to get within a second of Marquez’ pace in the opening 45-minute stint, as a dry line started to form at the end of the session. Second in the Championship Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo Team) claimed P8, 1.4s off Marquez, with World Championship leader Fabio Quartararo (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) struggling in the mixed conditions – P15 for the Frenchman.
What will the weather bring for FP2? Tune in at 14:10 local time (GMT-5) to find out who takes Friday honours.
1. Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) – 2:15.872
2. Jack Miller (Ducati Lenovo Team) + 0.167
3. Johann Zarco (Pramac Racing) + 0.599
4. Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) + 0.783
5. Pol Espargaro (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.950
6. Alex Marquez (LCR Honda Castrol) + 1.092
7. Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 1.155
8. Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo Team) + 1.456
9. Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) + 1.724
10. Iker Lecuona (Tech3 KTM Factory Racing) + 1.724
1 week ago
1 week ago