Marcel Schrötter (Dynavolt Intact GP) began Sunday at his home Grand Prix by topping the Moto2™ times in Warm Up at the HJC Helmets Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland, a 1:33.403 in mixed conditions saw the German sit just 0.004 ahead of second fastest Augusto Fernandez (FlexBox HP 40), with Jake Dixon (Sama Qatar Angel Nieto Team) have a great session to finish 0.3 off the front in third place.
Wet conditions overnight meant the Sachsenring was wet in the morning, but with the rain gone a dry line started to form. Home favourite Schrötter went quickest on his final flying lap as the times continued to improve throughout, with Fernandez and Dixon impressing in tricky circumstances. Sam Lowes (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) and Bo Bendsneyder (NTS RW Racing GP) completed the top five.
Will it be completely dry for the Moto2™ race later on at 12:20 local time (GMT+2)? Alex Marquez (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) – P7 in Warm Up – launches from pole position, with Championship leader and title rival Tom Lüthi (Dynavolt Intact GP) – P9 in Warm Up – lining up in 12th. Don’t miss it!
1. Marcel Schrötter (Dynavolt Intact GP) – 1:33.403
2. Augusto Fernandez (FlexBox HP 40) + 0.004
3. Jake Dixon (Sama Qatar Angel Nieto Team) + 0.360
4. Sam Lowes (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) + 0.374
5. Bo Bendsneyder (NTS RW Racing GP) + 0.391
6. Iker Lecuona (American Racing KTM) + 0.422
7. Alex Marquez (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) + 0.517
8. Luca Marini (SKY Racing Team VR46) + 0.626
9. Tom Lüthi (Dynavolt Intact GP) + 1.011
10. Joan Folger (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 1.124
Click here for the full results!