2 years ago
New to motogp.com?Register here
- Newly crowned world champion Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Ajo) finished third at the Japanese Grand prix two years ago. Last year he finished 17th in Japan after crashing out of third place on the 11th lap and re-starting.
- Last year in Japan Niccolo Antonelli (Ongetta-Rivacold) got the holeshot from second place on the grid and led the race all the way to the finish to take his second grand prix victory. Antonelli is the only rider currently competing in Moto3™ to have taken a GP win at Motegi.
- Jorge Navarro (Estrella Galicia 0,0) finished third last year in Japan after finishing the first lap down in 13th place.
- John McPhee (Peugeot MC Saxoprint) was seventh in Japan in 2013, which was his first top ten finish, and he was fourth two years ago at Motegi, which was his best grand prix result at that time. Last year he finished in ninth place at the Japanese Grand Prix.
- The last Japanese rider to have a top ten finish in the lightweight-class of grand prix racing at the Japanese Grand Prix was Tomoyoshi Koyama who finished seventh in 2006.
- Andrea Locatelli (Leopard Racing) celebrates his 20th birthday on race day in Japan.
2 years ago