4 hours ago
New to motogp.com?Register here
Over the past few weeks there has been plenty of movement in the Moto2™ and Moto3™ classes as teams confirm their rider lineups for the 2019 season. If you’ve missed any confirmations or want to remind yourself as to who’s gone where then look no further, as motogp.com recap what signings have taken place:
- Red Bull KTM Ajo: Current rider Brad Binder will line up alongside Moto3™ Championship contender Jorge Martin (Del Conca Gresini Moto3) as the Spaniard makes the step up to the intermediate class next season.
- Dynavolt Intact GP: Thomas Luthi (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) will return to Moto2™ after a season in the premier class, with Misano podium finisher Marcel Schrötter remaining with the team.
- EG 0,0 Marc VDS: Alex Marquez stays put for another season and will be joined by current Dynavolt Intact GP rider and compatriot Xavi Vierge.
- Tech 3 Racing KTM: Moto3™ Championship protagonist Marco Bezzecchi (Redox PrustelGP) and Jerez race winner Philipp Oettl (Sudmetal Schedl Racing GP) will both make the step up with Tech 3 next season.
- Swiss Innovative Investors: Iker Lecuona stays with the team for 2019, he will be joined by American Joe Roberts (NTS RW Racing GP).
- Petronas Sprinta Racing: Khairul Idham Pawi (Idemitsu Honda Team Asia) will be the sole representative in the Moto2™ setup for the Petronas Sprinta Racing team next season.
- Federal Oil Gresini Moto2: Britain’s Sam Lowes re-joins the team he raced for in 2016 from Swiss Innovative Investors.
- Speed Up Racing: Jorge Navarro (Federal Oil Gresini Moto2) joins Speed Up at the end of the season, with a teammate for the Spaniard yet to be confirmed.
- Tasca Racing Scuderia Moto2: Simone Corse remains with his current team, but there is no news on who will partner the Italian next season yet.
- NTS RW Racing GP: Tech 3 Racing’s Bo Bendsneyder will join ride the NTS chassis in 2019, with the Dutchman’s teammate also yet to be announced by the team.
- Angel Nieto Team Moto3: Albert Arenas remains with the team for another season and will be joined by the team’s current FIM CEV Moto3 Junior World Championship rider Raul Fernandez.
- Petronas Sprinta Racing: Ayumu Sasaki gets the nod to stay in the team’s Moto3™ setup next season, with the experienced John McPhee (CIP – Green Power) getting back on board a Honda after a year with KTM machinery.
- Leopard Racing: Misano winner Lorenzo Dalla Porta signed a contract extension to stay with Leopard Racing. A teammate for the Italian hasn’t been confirmed yet, with current teammate Enea Bastianini set to head to the Moto2™ class in 2019.
- Redox PrustelGP: Czech GP podium finisher Jakub Kornfeil will remain with his current team as compatriot and current Red Bull MotoGP™ Rookies Cup rider Filip Salaĉ joins him in 2019.
4 hours ago
6 hours ago
23 hours ago
1 day ago